LilyGo T-Display-S3 - black display after auto library update in Arduino IDE
After some automaticly library/board updates occurred some days ago in my Arduino IDE 2.2.1, on my Windows PC, none of my earlier working T-Display S3 projects works any more.
I can load my project into the T-Display S3 and everything looks fine in the IDE output window (please see below) - but the the 1.9" display stay black...
I have tried to select the board "ESP32S3 dev module" and the board "Lilygo T-Display S3" but none of the two board selections gave a positive result.
I have substituted the content of the library "TFT_eSPI" with the content from "TFT_eSPI" in "T-Display-S3-main" but no positive result...
I have now messed around in the settings of the Aduino IDE tools section, but until now I am unfortunately stucked.
Does anyone have the same issue and found a solution?
PS: I have posted the same article at arduino.cc.
teastain2 last edited by
@ferrari2 I had similar problems with the LilyGO T-Display S3 last year, so I made a GitHub repository here:
Couple things to check:
In my repository (https://github.com/teastainGit/LilyGO-T-display-S3-setup-and-examples ) there is a copy of the 'User_Setup_Select.h' file. It must copied to the TFT_eSPI library folder. It is reset to default every time you allow the Arduino IDE to do an update. If there is no image, copy and replace this file.
(in the future I can show you how to easily edit this file instead of copying.)
Try my Hothead example, designed to be easy to compile and rather instructional to read and understand TFT_eSPI and the LilyGO T-Display S3
Let me know how you make out!